Adams™ Water-Based Flea & Tick Mist
Flea and Tick spray (Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide)
Flea and Tick spray (Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) is a spray for use on cats and dogs older than 12 weeks to control fleas and ticks for 7-14 days. Flea and Tick spray (Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) will not irritate sensitive skin and will leave your pet smelling fresh. Available from your veterinarian in various sizes of sprayer or mister bottles.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Pyrethrins are a potent insecticide derived from Chrysanthemum plant
- Piperonyl butoxide acts synergistically with the pyrethrins to increase their action
- For topical use
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- To control fleas and ticks on cats and dogs 12 weeks of age and older
- Non-irritating to sensitive skin; assists with grooming
Read and follow the label carefully.
Use a firm, fast stroke to get a proper spray mist.
Ruffle the animal's coat with one hand while applying spray mist to the animal's back, sides, stomach, legs, shoulders and neck. To treat the head and eye area, spray mist onto a gloved hand and rub gently into the animal's hair. Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth. Apply spray mist until animal's hair is damp. For long haired pets, rub your hand against the lay of the hair, spraying the hair directly behind the hand.
Ensure that any ticks are wet thoroughly with spray.
For best grooming results, towel off any excess and brush/comb your pet. Once the spray dries, brush/comb your pet again.
Apply every 7-14 days for best results.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, apply it as soon as you can, but do not re-apply more often than every 14 days.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Wash hands with soap and water after application.
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Causes moderate eye irritation.
Avoid breathing in spray. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before re-use.
Do not re-apply more often than every 14 days.
Store this product in its original packaging in a cool, dry area out of reach of children and animals.
Do not contaminate food, water or groundwater and dispose of the packaging properly.
Use only on dogs and cats. Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with a mild soap and rinse with lots of water. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian immediately.
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
Contact your veterinarian and/or a poison control center immediately if pet receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Flea and Tick spray (Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) should only be used on the pet for which it was prescribed. It should be used only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Flea and Tick spray (Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide). If you have any questions or concerns about Flea and Tick spray (Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) or for the condition it was prescribed, contact your veterinarian.