Dog Appeasing Pheromone Diffuser
Dog pheromones are chemicals that are secreted by dogs that can impact the behavior of other dogs. Natural appeasing pheromones are released from nursing females and stimulate puppies to feel secure and calm. This reassuring response can also be triggered in adult dogs by synthetic pheromones called dog appeasing pheromones. This product can be delivered using a diffuser.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A synthetic pheromone
- It is not considered a drug
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- To minimize stress related behaviors (ex. destruction, barking, house soiling)
- To provide comfort during stressful situations (ex. travelling, adoption, thunderstorms)
WHAT DOGS/CATS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
- This product does not affect other species in the household and should only be used for dogs
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to this product should not be exposed
Read and follow the label carefully and use only as directed.
Use this product for as long as your veterinarian recommends.
Use the diffuser in the rooms that are most used by your dog.
Refer to specific product guidelines regarding how many square feet each diffuser covers in your house, how long each diffuser lasts, and how far in advance the diffuser needs to be plugged into a room before introducing your dog into a stressful environment or situation.
Frequency and duration of use will be determined by your veterinarian based upon an assessment of how your dog is responding clinically.
Call ahead for refills.
Ideally, be consistent with product use during times of stress for best results.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Dog appeasing pheromone diffuser should be stored in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight when not in use.
This product needs to be used in an open area, do not place the diffuser behind or underneath furniture.
Refer to product insert for safety warnings as there is a risk of electrical shock and fire with use of this product.
The surface of the diffuser should not be touched as high temperatures can be reached when plugged in.
Keep this and all other medications out of reach of children and pets. Avoid contact with skin.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product or in case of contact with eyes.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If you notice anything unusual, contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Do not give new food or medications without first talking to your veterinarian
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet ingests any of this product.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When your pet will need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this product
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
Tell your veterinarian about:
- If your pet has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced digestive upset now or ever
- If your pet has experienced liver or kidney disease now or ever
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet's medications can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your dog's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
This is just a summary of information about dog appeasing pheromone. If you have any questions or concerns about dog appeasing pheromone or the condition it was prescribed for, please contact your veterinarian.