Bene-Bac® Plus Powder
Probiotics (Small animal)
A healthy digestive system is essential to the overall health of your pet. A normal intestinal tract can maintain the proper balance of harmful and beneficial bacteria. However, during times of stress, the balance of intestinal bacteria can become altered and lead to signs of digestive upset including vomiting, diarrhea, and flatulence. Probiotics are microorganisms that when given in certain doses can improve digestion, provide essential nutrients, strengthen the immune system, and can minimize the growth of disease- causing bacteria. Probiotics are available in the form of powders, liquids, paste, capsules and tablets.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- This digestive supplement may contain the following ingredients:
- Probiotics such as Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and Streptococcus are live and naturally occurring microorganisms that help to restore balance in the digestive system
- Prebiotics are complex carbohydrates such as fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and mannanoligosaccharides (MOS) which support probiotics and help to maintain normal balance in the digestive system
WHAT DOGS/CATS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT?
- Safe use in pregnant and breeding animals has not been established
- This product should not be used in animals that are critically ill, dehydrated, have severe vomiting, or in immunocompromised pets
- Pets with a known hypersensitivity to these products
- Pets that have had an earlier allergic reaction to a similar product
Probiotics should be given according to your veterinarian’s instructions. Read and follow the product label carefully. Depending on your pet’s response, your veterinarian may adjust the administration amount.
It is recommended that this supplement be given for only as long as your veterinarian directs as these supplements are commonly intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding.
It is ideal to give this supplement at the same time daily.
Supplements are not regulated by the FDA. As such, they have not been required to go through the same rigorous testing for efficacy that drugs undergo and many products are not created equally. Many products on the market are high quality and are made by reputable companies. Some products require a veterinary prescription. Consult with your veterinarian to choose the right product for your pet.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can. If it is time already for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Probiotics should be stored in a childproof container in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- This product is usually well tolerated and adverse reactions are uncommon at recommended doses
- Notify your veterinarian immediately if your pet experiences any adverse reactions to this product
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Do not give new food, supplements, or medications without first talking to your veterinarian
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet receives more than the recommended amount.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- The signs of digestive upset that you have noted
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this supplement
- When your pet may need to be re-examined
- What are the risks and benefits of using this supplement
- If your pet has experienced side effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies
- If your pet has experienced digestive upset now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet’s medications can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet in the near future
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your pet’s condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all supplements, it should only be given to the pet for which it was recommended.
This is just a summary of information about Probiotics. If you have any questions or concerns about this product or for the condition it was recommended, please contact your veterinarian.