Bio Spot Active Care™ Flea & Tick Spray For Dogs & Puppies
Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide)
Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide) combines the adult flea killing power of Etofenprox with the long-lasting flea egg-killing power of S-Methoprene. This highly effective combination of ingredients provides quick relief from biting fleas and continuous killing of flea eggs laid on the animal, breaking the flea life cycle. The elimination of both adult fleas and flea eggs is important because adult fleas live on your pet, causing discomfort and skin irritation, while the vast number of eggs that they lay fall off and develop in your house. If fleas are already developing in your house, ask your veterinarian to recommend a premise product as well. For use on on dogs 10 weeks of age and older and cats 12 weeks of age and older. Available from your veterinarian in 16 oz spray bottles.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Etofenprox and Piperonyl butoxide act synergistically as a potent insecticide
- S-Methoprene is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that inhibits the flea’s life cycle
- A topical spray
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- To kill adult fleas and ticks on dogs 10 weeks of age and older and cats 12 weeks of age and older
- Protects against adult fleas, ticks and mosquitoes for up to 2 weeks on dogs, and up to 3 weeks on cats
- Controls flea re-infestation for up to 2 months
- Repels mosquitoes
Read and follow the label carefully. Shake well before using.
Use in a well-ventilated area.
Fleas and Ticks: Apply using a firm, fast stroke. Ruffle the animal's coat with one hand while applying spray to the animal's back, sides, stomach, legs, shoulders and neck.
To treat the head and eye area, spray mist onto a gloved hand or a cloth and rub gently into the animal's hair. Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth.
Recommended dosage is ~4 squeezes of the trigger sprayer per pound of body weight.
Apply spray until animal's hair is damp, but do not over-saturate (especially cats) or chill the animal. For long haired pets, rub your hand against the lay of the hair, spraying the hair directly behind the hand.
Avoid spraying genital areas.
Ensure that any ticks are wet thoroughly with spray.
Apply every 30 days for best results.
Dogs and Puppies: The maximum application rate for this product is twice per month, and the second application must be made more than 8 days after the initial application.
Cats and Kittens: The maximum application rate for this product is once per month.
Mosquitoes: A light, even coverage of the hair coat (as applied for flea control), will also provide effective repellency of mosquitoes.
Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide) is most effective when used as part of a total flea and tick management program. Your veterinarian can recommend other products registered for residential premise control of these pests in conjunction with this treatment. Monthly premise treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and ticks.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, apply it as soon as you can, but do not re-apply more often than every 14 days for dogs, and every 30 days for cats.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash throughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before re-use. Repeated exposure to Etofenprox can cause skin irritation.
Do not re-apply more often than every 14 days for dogs and 30 days for cats.
Do not use on puppies less than 10 weeks of age or kittens less than 12 weeks of age.
For external use only.
Store this product in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from heat and open flame and out of reach of children and animals.
Do not contaminate food, water or groundwater and dispose of the packaging properly. Do not re-use or refill this container.
Use only on dogs and cats. Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Drooling may be temporarily observed immediately after application
- Cats: excessive salivation and ear and paw flicking may occur, but these signs are temporary and not harmful
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with a mild soap and rinse with lots of water. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian immediately.
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian and/or a poison control center immediately if pet receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide) kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition.
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide) should only be used on the pet for which it was prescribed. It should be used only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide). If you have any questions or concerns about Flea and Tick spray (Etofenprox + S-Methoprene + Piperonyl butoxide) or for the condition it was prescribed, contact your veterinarian.