TRADE NAMES:Douxo Calm Shampoo
Calming shampoo is a non-irritating, foaming solution that helps reduce skin inflammation and promotes a healthy skin and coat. Unique ingredients help restore the skin barrier function and manages the local skin flora. Calming shampoo is fragrance and paraben free and is available only from your veterinarian, in 200 mL, 500 mL and 3 L bottles.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Contains gentle hypoallergenic cleansing bases, phytosphinogosine salicyloyl, hinokitol, raspberry seed oil, allantoin and Lipidure® C
- Fragrance and paraben free
- A foaming solution used topically on dogs and cats
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to soothe itchy and inflamed skin
- For topical management of skin allergies
Read and carefully follow the directions provided by your veterinarian.
Use extra care bathing puppies and kittens. Be careful on wet surfaces.
If necessary, clip or remove any hair mats.
When first using the pump dispenser, it is necessary to prime the pump by depressing it several times. Once primed, depress pump slowly to release the desired quantity. A medium sized dog (30-50 lb) requires approximately 1 full pump.
Wet your animal’s coat with warm water. Apply shampoo to head and ears, creating a rich lather, being careful to avoid the eyes. Repeat procedure with neck, chest, middle and hind quarter, finishing with legs. To avoid getting soap in the eyes or ears, wash the face and outside of the ears with a soapy washcloth.
Allow the lather to remain on the animal for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear. For best results, repeat procedure.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication. Typically, recommendations suggest shampooing your pet with Calming shampoo 2-3 times per week, for 1-2 weeks.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Calming shampoo is not effective against parasitic infections (ie. fleas, ticks, etc.)
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature below 25°C (75°F).
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Calming shampoo should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Calming shampoo. If you have any questions or concerns about Calming shampoo or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.