Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray
TRADE NAMES:Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Micro-emulsion Spray
Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray is a potent antiseptic to help manage the localized bacterial and yeast infections of dogs and cats. After bathing your pet with Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine shampoo, use this spray to increase the residual effects of the key ingredients. Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray is available from your veterinarian in a 200 mL container.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- 3% Chlorhexidine gluconate (kills/controls surface bacteria), Climbazole (active against fungi and yeasts), CAE (a moisturizer to help repair damaged skin) and Phytosphinogosine-salicyloyl (has anti-inflammatory and antiseborrhea properties)
- Used topically on dogs and cats
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- After bathing your pet, keep the active ingredients working against your pet’s skin condition, by spraying this emulsion over targeted area(s)
Read and carefully follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.
Brush pet against the natural lay of fur, spraying this product by holding the pump ~12 inches from the pet’s body. Concentrate spray over affected lesions, but do not over-apply.
Use 1 spray per 10 lb body weight. Double this if your pet is long-haired.
Apply to affected area twice a week, or as directed by your veterinarian.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to either chlorhexidine, climbazole, phytosphinogosine or any of the other ingredients
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 59°-86° F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Do not swallow.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray. If you have any questions or concerns about Chlorhexidine + Climbazole + Phytosphingosine spray for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.