Comfort Zone® Spray with Feliway®
GENERIC NAME:Feline Pheromone Spray
Pheromones are chemicals that are secreted by cats that can impact the behavior of other cats. Feline facial pheromones are secreted from the cheek glands of cats when they feel relaxed and calm. This reassuring response can also be triggered in adult cats by synthetic pheromones. This product can be delivered using a spray.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- To minimize stress related behaviors (ex. scratching, urine marking, multiple cat aggression)
- To provide comfort during stressful situations (ex. travelling, moving, new household members)
WHAT DOGS/CATS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
Do not spray this product directly on your cat. This product is meant to be sprayed on areas in the environment (ex. directly on surfaces that are being scratched, places where your cat is urine marking, inside a carrier, and in the car).
Refer to specific product guidelines regarding amount to be sprayed, frequency of application, and how far in advance this product needs to be applied before introducing your cat to have the best effect.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Do not give new food or medications without first talking to your veterinarian
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING MEDICATION?
- When your pet will need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this product
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product