Deltamethrin 4% Collar for Dogs
TRADE NAMES:Scalibor Protector Band for Dogs
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:An effective parasiticide collar for dogs older than 12 weeks of age. This long-lasting collar kills fleas and ticks for up to 6 months. Collar will kill ticks including Brown dog tick, American dog tick, and deer ticks (which may carry the Lyme disease). Effective even if your dog is caught in the rain or goes swimming. One size fits all.
What is this product?
- Deltamethrin is an insecticide using insecticide-release technology
- Deltamethrin collars are worn around the dog's neck
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Protects your dog for 6 months against fleas and ticks
- Helps protect your dog from Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and more
WHAT DOGS/CATS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
- Dogs less than 12 weeks of age
- Consult a veterinarian before using on older, medicated, debilitated, pregnant or nursing dogs
- Pets known to have had an allergic reaction to deltamethrin or like products
Do not open protective pouch until ready to use.
Place collar around your dog's neck, fasten buckle and adjust for proper fit. Cut off approximately 2 inches from the buckle and dispose of extra length (wrap in newspaper and place in trash). Collar should be loose enough that two fingers can be placed between the collar and the dog’s neck.
Wash hands with soap and water after applying the collar.
Treat the pet’s living area with a registered pest control product to ensure control of pests.
Check the collar periodically to ensure it has not loosened, and re-adjust as necessary.
Rainfall and swimming will not alter effectiveness.
Fleas on the dog will be killed. Fleas present in the dog’s environment that may appear on your pet will be killed.
Collar will also kill ticks for up to 6 months. Collar will kill ticks including Brown dog tick, American dog tick, and deer ticks (which may carry the Lyme disease).
This collar should be worn continuously. Re-apply a new collar every 6 months.
May be used in addition to a lead or restraint collar. Use only 1 Deltamethrin 4% Collar at a time.
Maximum effectiveness may not occur for 2-3 weeks after collar placement.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets. Children should not handle or play with this collar.
Call a health professional or poison control center immediately if you or your pet accidentally consumes this product.
If the product ingredient gets in the eyes, hold eye(s) open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove any contact lenses after 5 minutes, then continue rinsing. For incidents involving humans call 1-800-680-9206 and for those involving animals, call 1-800-548-2423.
Do not reuse empty pouch, box or collar. Wrap in newspaper in put in trash collection.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Individual sensitivities may occur with any pesticide product. If they occur, remove the collar and bathe your dog with a mild shampoo and rinse with lots of water. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately
- IIf you notice anything unusual, remove the collar immediately and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but ensure that your veterinarian knows of all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving or planning on giving to your pet
- Applying other pesticides may not be necessary while the collar is being worn
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet consumes this product or experiences any unusual reaction.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING MEDICATION?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- Risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your pet has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced liver or kidney disease now or ever
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet's medicines can be given together
- If your pet is pregnant or nursing or if you plan to breed your pet
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Deltamethrin 4% Collar for Dogs should only be used on the pet for which it was prescribed. It should be used only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Deltamethrin 4% Collar for Dogs. If you have any questions or concerns about Deltamethrin 4% Collar for Dogs or about ticks, contact your veterinarian.
Join the Conversation
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!