Dermachlor K Wipes
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes contain a topical antiseptic solution (antibacterial and antifungal) useful to clean face folds, between toes, groin and underarm areas of dogs, cats and horses. Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes are available in containers of 50 wipes.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Pre-moistened antiseptic cleansing pads for topical use
- Contain Chlorhexidine gluconate + Ketoconazole, +/- other ingredients
- Some brands of Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes may be sold without a prescription (OTC/over the counter) but they all should be used under the supervision of your veterinarian
- For use on dogs, cats and horses
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used as an antiseptic cleanser in the management of bacterial and fungal skin conditions
- Astringent qualities will help dry affected area(s)
Read and follow the label carefully.
For serious burns, deep or puncture wounds, contact your veterinarian.
Wipe affected area with a Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipe one to three times a day, according to your veterinarian’s directions. Prevent your animal from licking the treated area. Ingesting this product can be harmful. Let affected area air dry.
Do not re-use wipes - just use for one application only.
Do not use on cuts, open wounds or raw areas. Your veterinarian can help you choose an appropriate product for this type of condition.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes are not effective against parasitic infections
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to Chlorhexidine or Ketoconazole or the other ingredients in this product
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F). Keep from freezing.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes or mucous membranes. If contact is made, flush promptly and thoroughly with clean water and contact your veterinarian..
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only. May be harmful if swallowed.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Hypersensitivity to Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes is rare, but if a reaction should occur, discontinue use
- If redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
Tell your veterinarian about:
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be used together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes. If you have any questions or concerns about Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole wipes or the condition it was prescribed for, please contact your veterinarian.
Join the Conversation
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!