Equine Neonatal Digestive Aid + Prebiotic
This is a nutritional supplement that promotes gastrointestinal health. This product is available in the form of an oral paste.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- This is a palatable nutritional supplement containing multiple ingredients including a prebiotic, electrolytes, montmorrillonite clay, dextrose and gylcerol
- The prebiotic (fructooligosaccharide) is a carbohydrate which helps to maintain a normal balance of beneficial intestinal microorganisms
- Magnesium, potassium, and sodium help to maintain adequate levels of electrolytes especially during episodes of diarrhea
- Dextrose and glycerol provide an energy source for the intestinal cells
- Montmorrillonite clay helps to protect the intestines and absorbs harmful toxins
- Given by mouth
REASONS FOR USING:
- To promote normal digestive function particularly in foals
Equine Neonatal Digestive Aid + Prebiotic should be given according to your veterinarian’s recommendations.
Ideally, give this supplement at the same time(s) daily.
Prebiotics are not regulated by the FDA. As such, they have not been required to go through the same rigorous testing for efficacy that drugs undergo. Many products on the market are high quality and are made by reputable companies. Consult with your veterinarian to choose the right product for your horse.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can. If it is time already for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
This nutritional supplement should be stored in a childproof container in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Notify your veterinarian immediately if your foal experiences any adverse reactions to this product
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Other oral medication should be given either one hour prior to administration or three hours following administration of this product
- Do not give new food or medications without first talking to your veterinarian
- If your horse experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your foal receives more than the recommended amount.
WHAT HORSES SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT?
- Horses with a known hypersensitivity to this product
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- The importance of good management and nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this product
- When your foal may need to be re-examined
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your horse has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your horse has experienced any other medical problems or allergies
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your horse or plan to give your horse, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your horse’s medications can be given together.
- If your mare is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed in the near future
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your foal’s condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
This product should not be used in horses intended for human consumption.
Check with the appropriate regulatory body regarding the use in competition horses.
This is just a summary of information about Equine Neonatal Digestive Aid + Prebiotic. If you have any questions or concerns about this product, please contact your veterinarian.