Douxo® Seborrhea Micro-emulsion Spray
Seborrhea spray is an effective solution used to manage your pet’s seborrhea (‘dry’ or ‘oily’ types). Use in conjunction with Seborrhea shampoo to facilitate the long-term control of generalized seborrhea. Seborrhea spray is available from your veterinarian in a 200 mL (6.8 oz) bottle.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A submicronic emulsion of Phytosphinogosine, a natural component of the epidermis. Phytosphinogosine regulates a proper skin barrier, ideal skin growth and bacteria and controls yeast populations
- Also contains a green tea fragrance, moisturizers and film-forming agents which fix the phytosphingosine on the skin without leaving hair wet or stuck together
- Used topically on dogs and cats
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- For topical management of seborrhea
- Restores the proper skin barrier, helps regulate epidermal skin growth and keratinocyte production and controls bacteria and yeast populations
- Use Seborrhea spray between baths to keep the active ingredients working on targeted area(s)
Read and carefully follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.
Brush pet against the natural lay of fur, spraying this product by holding the pump ~12 inches from the pet’s body. Concentrate spray over affected lesions, but do not over-apply.
Use 1 spray per 10 lb body weight. Double this if your pet is long-haired.
Localized lesions: Apply once a day until lesions are healed
Generalized seborrhea: Apply twice a week, for 3-4 weeks
Maintenance: Apply once weekly
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to either phytosphinogosine or any of the other ingredients
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 59°-86° F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Do not swallow.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects while using other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Seborrhea spray should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Seborrhea spray should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Seborrhea spray. If you have any questions or concerns about Seborrhea spray for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.