TRADE NAMES:Zymox Rinse
Enzymatic rinse is a gentle yet effective topical solution used to provide a protective barrier against superficial bacterial and fungal microorganisms. Enzymatic rinse defends your dog or cat’s natural skin barrier against recurring skin infections without causing irritation or dryness. Contains no harsh detergents, pesticides, color, or residual petroleum products. Enzymatic rinse is available from your veterinarian in a 12 oz bottle.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A three-point enzyme system for topical use
- Contains natural enzymes: lactoperoxidase, lactoferrin and lysozyme
- For use in dogs and cats
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to provide a protective barrier against bacterial and fungal skin infections
- Shown to be effective against Malassezia, Candida albicans, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, Trichophyton, bodyfold pyoderma, and more
- May be used on kittens and puppies
Read and follow the label carefully.
Depending upon the condition, your veterinarian may want to perform a culture evaluation of the site prior to starting this medication.
Wet fur and skin well with Enzymatic rinse.
Starting at neck, work a thin stream down to the tail. Apply to both sides of pet, paying special attention to any problem area. Rinse lightly, then pat dry with towel.
May be used as often as needed, unless directed otherwise by your veterinarian.
If condition worsens or does not improve in 2-4 days, consult your veterinarian.
Prevent your animal from licking treated skin.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Enzymatic rinse is not effective against parasitic infections
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to the ingredients
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes or mucous membranes. If contact is made, flush promptly and thoroughly with clean water.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this product
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be used together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Enzymatic rinse should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Enzymatic rinse should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Enzymatic rinse. If you have any questions or concerns about Enzymatic rinse or the condition it was prescribed for, please contact your veterinarian.