Epi-Soothe® Cream Rinse and Conditioner
Soothing cream rinse/conditioner
Soothing cream rinse/conditioner is an oatmeal cream rinse/conditioner that moisturizes and relieves dry, itchy, sensitive skin in dogs, cats and horses. Soothing agents and moisturizers work together to promote a healthy skin and coat. Use after each time you shampoo your pet. Soothing cream rinse/conditioner is available from your veterinarian in several sizes.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Contains oatmeal in a cream rinse and conditioner base
- Skin and coat conditioner used topically on dogs, cats and horses
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to soothe itchy skin
- Restores the skin’s natural moisture and makes the hair coat shiny, manageable and tangle-free
- For topical management of dry and sensitive skin
Read and carefully follow the directions provided by your veterinarian.
After shampooing your pet, massage conditioner into the coat working down to the skin. Avoid the eyes.
Leave Soothing cream rinse/conditioner on the pet for approximately 5 minutes before rinsing lightly with clean water.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response. This product may be used each time you shampoo your pet, or as directed by your veterinarian.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Soothing cream rinse/conditioner is not effective against parasitic infections (ie. fleas, ticks, etc.)
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature of 59-86°F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Not for use in the ears.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, flush eyes with water and seek medical attention if irritation persists.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If skin irritation develops or worsens or you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Soothing cream rinse/conditioner should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Soothing cream rinse. If you have any questions or concerns about Soothing cream rinse or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.