Proprionbacterium acnes Immunostimulant
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- This product consists of inactivated Propionibacterium acnes bacteria
Read and follow the product insert regarding product dosage and ensure that repeat doses are given at the recommended intervals.
If you are unsure how your horse will react to an intravenous (IV) injection, request assistance or demonstration by your veterinarian.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:This product can be stored at room temperature until opened. Once the vial is opened, store in the refrigerator and protected from freezing. Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and other pets.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
Potential side effects:
- All products have the potential to cause an immediate allergic or anaphylactic reaction. Affected animals may have a swelling, hives, changes in respiration, and display signs of agitation. This can be a severe and life threatening reaction, immediate treatment with epinephrine is often required.
- Following an injection, horses may have an elevated temperature, tremors, temporary inappetance, or be sluggish for a few hours.
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Do not mix different medications in the same syringe, always give two separate injections if required
- If your horse experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if you have accidentally administered more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian immediately if you have accidentally injected this product into an artery.
Notify your veterinarian if your animal experiences any adverse reactions to this vaccine.
As with all prescribed medication, Propionibacterium acnes Immunostimulant should only be given to the horse for which it was prescribed and all medications given should be properly documented for that individual.
This is just a summary of information about Propionibacterium acnes Immunostimulant. If you have any questions or concerns about this product, please contact your veterinarian.