Fipronil + S-Methoprene + Amitraz for Dogs
TRADE NAMES:CERTIFECT for Dogs
Fipronil + S-Methoprene + Amitraz for Dogs is a monthly topical spot-on product used on dogs (older than 8 weeks and greater than or equal to 5 lbs) to kill adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, kill all stages of ticks, rapidly eliminate chewing lice infestations and aids in the control of sarcoptic mange mites. These parasites will be controlled for at least 30 days.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Fipronil + S-Methoprene (insect growth regulator) + Amitraz for Dogs is an antiparasitic agent
- Applied topically to the skin at the base of the skull and the shoulders of your dog
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- For all dogs at risk for tick exposure that still need proven flea control
- Used to kill adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, rapidly eliminate chewing lice infestations and aids in the control of sarcoptic mange mites on dogs 8 weeks of age and older (including breeding, pregnant and nursing bitches)
- Starts killing all stages of ticks in six hours and kills up to 100 percent within 18 hours. It also causes ticks to detach from dogs and prevents reinfestation for up to one month. Ticks killed include: Deer ticks, Gulf Coast ticks, Black legged ticks, Brown Dog ticks, American Dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, Yellow Dog ticks, European Dog ticks, Wood ticks and Paralysis ticks
WHAT PETS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
- Do not use this on puppies less than 8 weeks of age
- Dogs less than 5 pounds body weight
- DO NOT USE ON CATS, RABBITS OR OTHER ANIMALS
- Dogs with diabetes or heart problems
- Consult your veterinarian before using this product on medicated, sick, debilitated, obese or aged pets
- If your pet has had an allergic reaction to fipronil, S-methoprene, amitraz or like products
Read and follow the label carefully.
Your veterinarian has chosen the dosage size based upon your pet's weight. Apply a single dose once monthly*.
Open applicator tube by holding it upright and cutting the tip off with scissors exposing both chamber tips.
Parting the hair with the applicator tip, apply contents directly onto the skin in two places: at the base of the skull and between the shoulder blades (where the dog cannot lick).
Fipronil + S-Methoprene + Amitraz for Dogs remains waterproof for 30 days, even if your dog swims or is bathed.
Use a reminder system to ensure that you do not miss a dose.
Allow 24 hours after administration before bathing your pet.
*Fipronil + S-Methoprene + Amitraz for Dogs kills fleas up to 3 months and ticks for at least 1 month. A once monthly application is recommended where there is a high risk of re-infestation, the pet has fleas or in situations where tick or chewing lice control is needed.
Sarcoptic mange infestations: Apply once per month for at least two months.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can, but do not re-apply more often than every 30 days. Begin a new schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
Avoid contact with treated area until dry.
Do not re-apply more often than every 30 days.
Store this product in its original packaging in a cool, dry place away from heat or open flame and out of reach of children and animals.
Do not use this product on people. Do not share this medication with other animals of the same or different species.
Do not contaminate food or water and dispose of the packaging properly.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- A temporary irritation may develop at the site of administration
- Temporary lethargy
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment
- If signs occur and persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- Amitraz is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Owners taking medications containing MAOIs, or who are diabetic, should take extra precautions while handling this product
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
Contact your veterinarian immediately if pet receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING MEDICATION?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your pet has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet's medicines can be given together
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Fipronil + S-Methoprene + Amitraz for Dogs should only be given to the pet for which it was prescribed.
It should be given only for the condition for which it was prescribed.