Flea and Tick spray (IGR + Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide)
TRADE NAMES:Bio Spot Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs & Puppies (Silver logo)
Mycodex All-In-One Spray
SentryPro Flea and Tick Dog and Cat Spray
SentryPro Toy & Small Breed Flea & Tick Spray for Small Dogs
Sergeant's GOLD Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs
Sergeant's Toy Breed Flea & Tick Spray for Small Dogs
Flea and Tick spray (IGR + Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) is a multi-purpose spray for use on cats and dogs older than 12 weeks to quickly kill adult fleas and ticks and also repels flies, gnats and mosquitoes. This product will control adult fleas for 3 weeks, and give more than 3 months control of flea eggs. Flea and Tick spray (IGR + Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) contains an insecticide, an insect growth regulator, repellents and deodorants. Available from your veterinarian in 16 oz spray bottles.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Pyrethrins, piperonyl butoxide and N-octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide act synergistically as a potent insecticide
- Nylar is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that inhibits the flea’s life cycle
- A topical spray
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- To kill adult fleas and ticks on cats and dogs 8 weeks of age and older
- Control adult fleas for 3 weeks, and flea eggs for >3 months
- Repels flies, gnats and mosquitoes
Read and follow the label carefully.
Use in a well-ventilated area.
Use a firm, fast stroke to get a proper spray mist.
Ruffle the animal's coat with one hand while applying spray mist to the animal's back, sides, stomach, legs, shoulders and neck. To treat the head and eye area, spray mist onto a gloved hand and rub gently into the animal's hair. Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth. Apply spray mist until animal's hair is damp, but do not over-saturate (especially cats). For long haired pets, rub your hand against the lay of the hair, spraying the hair directly behind the hand.
Avoid spraying genital areas.
Ensure that any ticks are wet thoroughly with spray.
Apply every 21 days for best results.
What if a dose is missed?
If a dose is missed, apply it as soon as you can, but do not re-apply more often than every 21 days.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Wash hands with soap and water after application.
Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before re-use.
Do not re-apply more often than every 21 days.
Store this product in its original packaging in a cool, dry area away from heat and open flame and out of reach of children and animals.
Do not contaminate food, water or groundwater and dispose of the packaging properly.
Use only on dogs and cats. Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with a mild soap and rinse with lots of water. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian immediately.
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
Contact your veterinarian and/or a poison control center immediately if pet receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Flea and Tick spray (IGR + Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) should only be used on the pet for which it was prescribed. It should be used only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Flea and Tick spray (IGR + Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide). If you have any questions or concerns about Flea and Tick spray (IGR + Pyrethrins + Piperonyl butoxide) or for the condition it was prescribed, contact your veterinarian.