FRONTLINEÂ® Plus for Cats & Kittens
Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats
Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats is a monthly topical spot-on product used on cats older than 8 weeks to kill adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, kill all stages of ticks and rapidly eliminates chewing lice infestations. These parasites will be controlled for at least 30 days.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats is an antiparasitic agent
- Applied topically to the skin at the shoulders of your cat
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to kill adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, kill all stages of ticks and rapidly eliminates chewing lice infestations on cats
- 8 weeks of age and older (including breeding, pregnant and nursing queens).
WHAT PETS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
- Do not use this on kittens less than 8 weeks of age
- Do not use on rabbits or other animals
- Consult your veterinarian before using this product on sick, debilitated or aged pets
- If your pet has had an allergic reaction to fipronil, S-methoprene or like products
Read and follow the label carefully.
Your veterinarian has chosen the dosage size based upon your pet's weight. Apply a single dose once monthly*. Open applicator tube by holding it upright and snapping the tip away from your face and body. Part the hair between the cat's shoulder blades, place the applicator tip on the exposed skin and squeeze to apply the entire contents to one spot on the cat's skin (not the hair).
Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats remains waterproof for 30 days, even if your cat is bathed.
Use a reminder system to ensure that you do not miss a dose.
Acts on contact. Fleas do not have to bite to be killed.
Allow 24-48 hours after administration before bathing your pet.
*Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats kills fleas up to 6 weeks and ticks for at least 1 month. A once monthly application is recommended where there is a high risk of re-infestation, the pet has fleas, or in situations where tick or chewing lice control is needed. If you live in an area with less severe flea problems, or in an area where ticks are not a threat, Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats can be applied once every 6 weeks.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can, but do not re-apply more often than every 30 days. Begin a new schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Wear latex gloves when applying product. Wash hands with soap and water after application.
Avoid contact with treated area until dry.
Do not re-apply more often than every 30 days.
Store this product in its original packaging out of reach of children and animals.
Do not use this product on people. Do not share this medication with other animals of the same or different species.
Do not contaminate food or water and dispose of the packaging properly.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- A temporary irritation may develop at the site of administration.
- The application site may appear wet or oily for 24 hours.
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment.
- If signs occur and persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian.
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
Contact your veterinarian immediately if pet receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
Tell your veterinarian about:
- If your pet has experiences side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet's medicines can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Fipronil + S-Methoprene for Cats should only be given to the pet for which it was prescribed.
It should be given only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
Join the Conversation
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!