Grass Guard® Chicken Flavor Wafers for Small and Medium Dogs
Lawn saver supplements (Small Animal)
Repeated urination in the same location of your yard can lead to urine scalding or discoloration of the lawn. Lawn saver supplements are given by mouth and are commonly available in the form of tablets, chewable tablets, oral liquid or wafers.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Lawn saver supplements may contain any of the following ingredients:
- Vitamins such as thiamine (vitamin B1), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cobalamin (vitamin B12), and Biotin (vitamin H)
- Herbs such as Yucca schidigera and cranberry extract
- Amino Acids such as cystine and methionine
WHAT DOGS/CATS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT?
- Animals that have pre-existing liver or kidney disease
- Animals that have pre-existing lower urinary tract tissue or history of kidney or bladder stones
- Animals that have an illness that predisposes them to a lower blood pH (acidosis)
- Safety in pregnant and breeding animals has not been established
- Pets with a known hypersensitivity to these products
- Pets that have had an earlier allergic reaction to a similar product
Seek the advice of your veterinarian prior to using Lawn saver supplements. They should only be given according to your veterinarian’s instructions. Read and follow the product label carefully.
It is recommended that this supplement be given for only as long as your veterinarian directs.
It is ideal to give this supplement at the same time daily.
Supplements are not regulated by the FDA. As such, they have not been required to go through the same rigorous testing for efficacy that drugs undergo and many products are not created equally. Many products on the market are high quality and are made by reputable companies. Consult with your veterinarian to choose the right product for your pet.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can. If it is time already for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Lawn saver supplements should be stored in a childproof container in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Accidental overdose with products containing methionine can cause vomiting, disorientation, lethargy, and incoordination - contact a veterinarian immediately
- There can be a concern with overdosing and toxicities when giving multiple supplements. Talk to your veterinarian about all of the supplements your are currently giving your pet.
- Notify your veterinarian immediately if your pet experiences any adverse reactions to this product
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Do not give new food, supplements, or medications without first talking to your veterinarian
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet receives more than the recommended amount.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- Other lawn care options such as immediate watering over urinated areas to avoid grass damage
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this supplement
- When your pet may need to be re-examined
- What are the risks and benefits of using this supplement
- If your pet has experienced side effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies
- If your pet has experienced digestive upset now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet’s medications can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet in the near future
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your pet’s condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all supplements, it should only be given to the pet for which it was recommended.
This is just a summary of information about Lawn saver supplements. If you have any questions or concerns about this product or for the condition it was recommended, please contact your veterinarian.