Hill's® Prescription Diet® g/d® Canine Early Cardiac-Healthy Aging - Canned
INDICATIONSFor the nutritional support of senior dogs.
As dogs age, they may require food designed to help reduce nutrient excesses that could be harmful to their system. For example, high levels of sodium, phosphorus and protein can cause increased workload in the kidneys and heart.
Kidneys are very important to the health of your dogs because they remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
The heart is the most important organ in you pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's lifestyle and mood.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older dog's kidneys and heart for overall health.
Prescription Diet® g/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
- Reduced phosphorus to help minimize stress on aging kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Reduced protein to help decrease kidney workload
- Optimal fat levels to reduce pancreatic workload
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet® g/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
FEEDING GUIDEDaily Feeding Guide: Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2.3 kg)||1/2 - 5/8 can|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|15 lb (6.8 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|20 lb (9.1 kg)||1 1/4 - 1 3/4 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 3/4 - 2 1/3 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 - 4 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 1/4 - 4 1/2 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 2/3 - 5 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 1/4 - 5 3/4 can|
Water, Corn Flour, Pork Liver, Rice Flour, Beef By-Products, Turkey, Chicken Liver Flavor, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
AVERAGE NUTRIENT AND CALORIC CONTENTS
Canned 1019 kcal/kg (377.03 kcal/per 370g can)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||107 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||719 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.67|
¹The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
12/13 oz cans