Hill's® Prescription Diet® g/d® Feline Early Cardiac-Healthy Aging - Canned
INDICATIONSFor the nutritional support of senior cats.
As cats age, they may require food designed to help reduce nutrient excesses that could be harmful to their system. For example, high levels of sodium, phosphorus and protein can cause increased workload in the kidneys and heart.
Kidneys are very important to the health of your cats because they remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
The heart is the most important organ in you pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your cat's lifestyle and mood.
Because the food your cat eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older cat's kidney and heart for overall health.
Prescription Diet® g/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
- Reduced phosphorus to minimize stress on aging kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Reduced protein to help decrease kidney workload
- Optimal fat levels to reduce pancreatic workload
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
- Added taurine to help maintain normal heart muscle function
Hill's Prescription Diet® g/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
FEEDING GUIDEDaily Feeding Guide: Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2.7 kg)||1 - 1 1/4 can|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||1 1/3 - 2 can|
|14 lb (6.4 kg)||1 3/4 - 2 1/2 can|
|18 lb (8.2 kg)||2 - 3 can|
Water, Turkey, Pork Liver, Corn Flour, Barley, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Natural Flavor, Glycine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, DL-Methionine, Taurine, L-Cysteine, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
AVERAGE NUTRIENT AND CALORIC CONTENTS
Canned 1055 kcal/kg (164.58 kcal/per 156g can)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||104 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||817 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.64|
¹The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
24/5.5 oz cans