Hill's® Prescription Diet® g/d® Feline Early Cardiac-Healthy Aging - Dry
INDICATIONSFor the nutritional support of senior cats.
As cats age, they may require food designed to help reduce nutrient excesses that could be harmful to their system. For example, high levels of sodium, phosphorus and protein can cause increased workload in the kidneys and heart.
Kidneys are very important to the health of your cats because they remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
The heart is the most important organ in you pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your cat's lifestyle and mood.
Because the food your cat eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older cat's kidney and heart for overall health.
Prescription Diet® g/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
- Reduced phosphorus to minimize stress on aging kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Optimal fat levels to reduce pancreatic workload
- Added taurine to help maintain normal heart muscle function
Hill's Prescription Diet® g/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
FEEDING GUIDEDaily Feeding Guide: Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2.7 kg)||1/2 cup (40 g) - 2/3 cup (50 g)|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||3/4 cup (55 g) - 1 cup (75 g)|
|14 lb (6.4 kg)||1 cup (75 g) - 1 1/3 cups (100 g)|
|18 lb (8.2 kg)||1 1/8 cups (85 g) - 1 5/8 cups (125 g)|
Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Pork Protein Isolate, Lactic Acid, Chicken Liver Flavor, Calcium Sulfate, Fish Meal, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Natural Flavor, DL-Methionine, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Phosphoric Acid, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract.
AVERAGE NUTRIENT AND CALORIC CONTENTS
Dry 3916 kcal/kg (297 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
¹The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
²An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of g/d® Feline Early Cardiac-Healthy Aging contains 3 oz. by weight.
4 lb bag