Hill's® Prescription Diet® m/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Carbohydrate-Diabetic - Dry
INDICATIONSWeight reduction for overweight cats and insulin control for diabetic cats
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your cat's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help cats effectively lose weight and maintain normal insulin levels.
Prescription Diet® m/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
- Clinically proven low carbohydrate, high protein nutrition to modify cats' metabolism and reduce body fat
- Clinically tested to control glucose levels in diabetic cats
- High levels of carnitine to help mobilize body fat and maintain lean body mass
- High level of taurine to help maintain normal levels of insulin
- High level of arginine to support insulin secretion
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet® m/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
FEEDING GUIDEDaily Feeding Guide: Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your cat may need less or more food to safely lose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Adult maintenance||Weight loss|
|6 lb (2.7 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g)||1/4 cup (30 g)|
|8 lb (3.6 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|12 lb (5.4 kg)||5/8 cup (80 g)||3/8 cup (45 g)|
|14 lb (6.4 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
|16 lb (7.3 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
|18 lb (8.2 kg)||7/8 cup (110 g)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pork Protein Isolate, Powdered Cellulose, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Dried Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, DL-Methionine, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
AVERAGE NUTRIENT AND CALORIC CONTENTS
Dry 3960 kcal/kg (495 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||155 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||961 IU/kg|
¹The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with dffering moisture contents.
² An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of m/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Carbohydrate-Diabetic contains 4 oz. by weight.
4, 8.5 lb bag