Hill's® Prescription Diet® r/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Calorie with Chicken - Canned
INDICATIONSWeight reduction for overweight cats
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your cat's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to reduce cats' body fat by 20% in three months, while keeping him or her satisfied.
Prescription Diet® r/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
- Clinically proven nutrition to reduce body fat by 20% in just 3 months (dry formula)
- Low fat and high fiber decrease caloric intake, which helps reduce body fat
- High natural fiber levels satisfy pets while losing weight
- High levels of carnitine to help burn fat while maintaining lean muscle mass
- Delicious taste for easy transition from your cat's current food
Hill's Prescription Diet® r/d® Feline provides all the nutrition your cat needs during weight loss. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
FEEDING GUIDEDaily Feeding Guide: Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your cat may need less or more food to safely lose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Adult maintenance||Weight loss|
|6 lb (2.7 kg)||2/3 cup (60 g)||1/2 cup (45 g)|
|8 lb (3.6 kg)||7/8 cup (75 g)||1/2 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||1 cup (90 g)||2/3 cup (60 g)|
|12 lb (5.4 kg)||1 1/8 cups (100 g)||3/4 cup (65 g)|
|14 lb (6.4 kg)||1 1/4 cups (110 g)||7/8 cup (75 g)|
|16 lb (7.3 kg)||1 3/8 cups (120 g)||1 cup (90 g)|
|18 lb (8.2 kg)||1 1/2 cups (130 g)||1 cup (90 g)|
Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
AVERAGE NUTRIENT AND CALORIC CONTENTS
Dry 3054 kcal/kg (266 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||123 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||724 IU/kg|
¹The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
²An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of r/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Calorie with Chicken contains 3 oz. by weight.