Hill's® Prescription Diet® y/d™ Feline Thyroid Health - Dry
INDICATIONSPrescription Diet y/d is the safe, effective and easy way to manage thyroid health. Clinically proven nutrition could help to restore thyroid health in 3 weeks.
Easy. Effective. Safe.
Clinically proven nutrition to restore thyroid health
Improves thyroid health in 3 weeks* (when fed as the sole source of nutrition)
Complete daily nutrition with a taste your cat will love
Additional benefits for overall health
Supports kidney health with controlled phosphorus and low sodium
Helps maintain bladder health with controlled mineral levels
Promotes heart health with essential nutrients like taurine and carnitine
Promotes healthy skin and a luxurious hair coat with high levels of omega-3 and -6 fatty acids
Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another pet's food, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of lodine
nutrition, it's critical that you follow your veterinarian's feeding instructions carefully and feed only y/d.
FEEDING GUIDEDaily Feeding Guide: Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/4 cup (30 g) - 3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g) - 5/8 cup (80 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g) - 3/4 cup (95 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g) - 7/8 cup (110 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 4147 kcal/kg (519 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
2An eight fluid oz. measuring cup contains 3 oz. by weight.
2An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of y/d™ Feline Thyroid Health contains 4 oz. by weight.
Corn Gluten Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Whole Grain Corn, Soybean Mill Run, Dried Egg Product, L-Lysine, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2- Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Fish Oil, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Tryptophan, Natural Flavor, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate), L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.