Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Indoor - Dry
INDICATIONSHill's® Science Diet® Adult Indoor cat food provides precisely balanced nutrition for cats with an indoor lifestyle. It has fewer calories than the Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Optimal Care™ Original formula to help maintain a healthy weight and a unique fiber technology to help avoid hairballs in just 30 days. It also has clinically proven antioxidants to support a healthy immune system for your cat.
Adult cats 1 -- 6 years of age with an indoor lifestyle.
Not Recommended For:
Kittens, pregnant or nursing cats.
During pregnancy or nursing, cats should be switched to: Science Diet® Kitten Healthy Development, Science Diet® Kitten Healthy Development Ocean Fish & Rice Recipe, Science Diet® Kitten Indoor, Science Diet® Healthy Advantage™ Kitten or Science Diet® Ideal Balance™ Kitten
|Benefit||Nutrient||How It Works|
|Healthy immune function||Vitamin C + E||Ideal levels of clinically proven antioxidants for a healthy immune system.|
|Lean muscle and ideal body weight||High quality lean proteins||Protein is the building block for lean muscle and helps maintain ideal body condition.|
|Helps maintain healthy weight||52% less fat and 21% less calories*||Appropriate levels of energy for an indoor lifestyle.|
|Helps avoid hairballs in just 30 days||Unique fiber technology||Natural fiber blend comfortably reduces hairballs.|
|Stool odor control||High quality ingredients||High quality ingredients maximize digestibility and reduce sulfur compounds in stool.|
Other Products to Consider
Science Diet® is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Canned cat food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
Daily Feeding Guide:
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- When using with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- If switching from a canned product, make sure your cat drinks an adequate quantity of water to avoid constipation.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give her the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your cat to one of the Hill's® Science Diet® Mature Adult pet foods once she reaches 7 years of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Canned cat food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|4 lb (1.8 kg)||1/3 cup (30 g) - 1/2 cup (45 g)|
|5 lb (2.3 kg)||3/8 cup (35 g) - 1/2 cup (45 g)|
|8 lb (3.6 kg)||1/2 cup (45 g) - 3/4 cup (65 g)|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||2/3 cup (60 g) - 7/8 cup (75 g)|
|12 lb (5.4 kg)||3/4 cup (65 g) - 1 cup (85 g)|
|15 lb (6.8 kg)||7/8 cup (75 g) - 1 1/4 cups (110 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3224 kcal/kg (281 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||113 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||567 IU/kg|
¹The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
²An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Adult Indoor contains 3 oz. by weight.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Animal Fat (preserved mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Soybean Oil, Soybean Mill Run, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Iodized Salt, Natural Flavor, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Citrate, Taurine, Fish Oil, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, L-Arginine, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
3.5 lbs, 7 lbs, 15.5 lbs. bag