Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Large Breed - Dry
INDICATIONSHill's® Science Diet® Adult Large Breed dog food provides precisely balanced nutrition to maintain ideal body weight and healthy joints. It is enriched with L-Carnitine and natural source Glucosamine Chondroitin Sulfate for ideal body composition and joint support. It is made with high quality ingredients which makes it easy to digest.
KEY BENEFITSRecommended For:
Large breed adult dogs 1 -- 5 years of age with an ideal weight of 55 -- 110 lbs and giant breeds 1 -- 4 years of age with an ideal weight of 110+.Not Recommended For:
Puppies, pregnant or nursing dogs. During pregnancy or nursing, dogs should be switched to: Science Diet® Puppy Healthy Development Original, Science Diet® Puppy Small Bites, Science Diet® Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe, Science Diet® Ideal Balance™ Puppy or Science Diet® Healthy Advantage™ Puppy
|Benefit||Source||How It Works|
|Healthy immune function||Vitamin C + E||Optimal levels of clinically proven antioxidants for a healthy immune system.|
|Ideal body composition||Carnitine||Converts fat into energy and helps maintain muscle mass.|
|Lean muscle and ideal body weight||High quality lean proteins||Protein is the building block for lean muscle and helps maintain ideal body condition.|
|Enhanced joint and mobility support||Natural source Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate||Key building blocks of healthy cartilage.|
|Easy to digest||High quality ingredients||Ensures optimal nutrient absorption to keep your dog fit and healthy.|
Science Diet® is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods, with many delicious flavors your dog will love
Daily Feeding Guide:
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give him the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your dog to one of the Hill's® Science Diet® Mature Adult pet foods once he reaches 6 years of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods, with many delicious flavors your dog will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 2/3 cups (265 g) - 3 2/3 cups (365 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 cups (295 g) - 4 1/4 cups (420 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 3/4 cups (370 g) - 5 1/4 cups (520 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 1/2 cups (445 g) - 6 1/4 cups (620 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||5 1/4 cups (520 g) - 7 cups (695 g)|
|140 lb (64 kg)||5 3/4 cups (570 g) - 8 cups (790 g)|
|160 lb (73 kg)||6 1/3 cups (625 g) - 8 3/4 cups (865 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3702 kcal/kg (365 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||120 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||512 IU/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate||1286 mg/kg (ppm)|
|Glucosamine||1065 mg/kg (ppm)|
References 1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
2An eight fluid oz. measuring cup contains 3 oz. by weight. 2An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Adult Large Breed contains 3 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Soybean Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Flaxseed, Iodized Salt, Dried Chicken Cartilage, Choline Chloride, vitamins (LAscorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.Packaging Sizes
17.5 lbs, 35 lbs bag