Hill's® Science Diet® Puppy Large Breed - Dry
INDICATIONSRich in fish oil and nourishing fatty acids.
Large breed puppies (over 55 lbs when adult) up to 1 year old.Not Recommended For:
Adult or mature adult dogs. Pregnant or nursing dogs because of a lower energy density and lower calcium content (compared to Science Diet® Puppy Healthy Development Original). During pregnancy or nursing, dogs should be switched to: Science Diet® Puppy Healthy Development Original, Science Diet® Puppy Small Bites, Science Diet® Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe, Science Diet® Ideal Balance™ Puppy or Science Diet® Healthy Advantage™ Puppy
|Benefit||Source||How It Works|
|Healthy immune system within 90 days||Vitamin C + E||Optimal levels of clinically proven antioxidants to build a healthy immune system|
|Ideal body composition||L-Carnitine||Converts fat into energy and helps develop lean muscle.|
|Promotes healthy joint development and mobility||Vital fatty acids||Vital fatty acids ensure healthy development of bones and joints.|
|Healthy bone development||Calcium||Optimal levels of Calcium for controlled bone and joint growth in large breed puppies.|
|Supports gentle, healthy digestion||High quality ingredients including gentle fibers||Ensure availability of key nutrients and proteins for the healthy development of your puppy.|
For puppies that will weigh over 55lbs at maturity: Science Diet® Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe Large Breed.
Daily Feeding Guide:
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- For pregnant or nursing large breed dogs: Science Diet® Puppy Healthy Development Original, Science Diet® Puppy Small Bites, Science Diet® Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe, Science Diet® Ideal Balance™ Puppy or Science Diet® Healthy Advantage™ Puppy is the recommended product.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give him the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your puppy to one of the Hill's® Science Diet® adult dog foods once he reaches 1 year of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your puppy's unique needs. Canned puppy food is also available from Science Diet in a delicious savory chicken flavor that your puppy will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 7/8 cups (185 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||3 cups (295 g)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||5 1/4 cups (520 g)||4 1/3 cups (430 g)||3 1/2 cups (345 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||7 cups (695 g)||5 3/4 cups (570 g)||4 2/3 cups (460 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||7 1/4 cups (720 g)||5 3/4 cups (570 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||8 1/2 cups (840 g)||6 3/4 cups (670 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||7 3/4 cups (765 g)|
|140 lb (64 kg)||8 3/4 cups (865 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3705 kcal/kg (365 kcal/per cup²)
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Vitamin C||376 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||750 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||1.00|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
2An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Puppy Large Breed contains 3 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Lactic Acid, Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Soybean Oil, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, vitamins (L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Vitamin E Supplement, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Calcium Carbonate, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, L-Carnitine, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.Packaging Sizes
4.5 lbs, 15.5 lbs, 30 lbs bag