Hydrocortisone + Pramoxine topical spray
TRADE NAMES:Pramoderm HC Spray
Pramosoothe HC Spray
Hydrocortisone + Pramoxine topical spray is an anti-inflammatory product used for the temporary relief of itching due to minor dermatologic conditions. This topical spray is specifically formulated with conditioners to moisturize and nourish the skin to aid in controlling itching, flaking and inflammation. For use in dogs, cats and horses. Hydrocortisone + Pramoxine topical spray is available in an 8 oz size.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Hydrocortisone is a member of the glucocorticoid class of hormones; a steroid
- Pramoxine is a topical anesthetic used to calm itching by numbing the skin
- May contain additional ingredients (e.g. oatmeal, fatty acids and/or aloe) to soothe, moisturize and condition the skin
- Used topically
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to temporarily relieve itching, flaking, irritation and inflammation
Shake well before use.
Spray directly on affected area, holding sprayer 4-6 inches away from affected area. Hair may need to be clipped prior to use to allow direct contact with the skin.
Apply once daily until relief is achieved, or as directed by your veterinarian.
Apply enough spray to wet the affected area(s) but do not spray so much that the product runs off.
For best results, cleanse skin prior to treatment by using a shampoo recommended by your veterinarian.
If your pet has a dermatologic infection as well, an appropriate antifungal or antibiotic may have been prescribed as well.
This product is not intended for prolonged use.
Wash hands after each use.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, apply it as soon as you can. If it is time already for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule. Do not apply a double dose.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS MEDICATION?
- Use with caution in breeding, pregnant or nursing animals
- Animals with open wounds
- Animals with infections unless antimicrobial (antibiotics) therapy is also given
- Use with caution in diabetics or those with Cushing’s disease (hyperadrenocorticism)
- If your animal has had an allergic reaction to Pramoxine, Hydrocortisone, or other steroids before
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store in at controlled room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
For external use on animals only.
Do not use this product in eyes or open wounds. In case of contact with eyes, flush with water and seek medical attention.
Use in a well-ventilated area. Wash your hands after use.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets.
Do not allow ingestion of this product.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally ingest this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If redness, irritation, or swelling persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian
- The most common side effect of ingesting topical steroids (or if using large quantities) is increased drinking and urination. Less commonly, you may notice an increased appetite plus weight gain, panting, diarrhea, vomiting, and behavioral changes.
- If you notice anything unusual, contact your veterinarian
Overdosing is unlikely to occur if used as directed, but contact your veterinarian immediately if you suspect an overdose, or if you observe any unusual signs.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal needs to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced digestive upset now or ever
- If your animal has experienced liver or kidney disease now or ever
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
- If your animal is pregnant or nursing or if you plan to breed your animal
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Hydrocortisone + Pramoxine topical spray should only be used on the pet for which it was prescribed. It should be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Hydrocortisone + Pramoxine topical spray. If you have any questions or concerns about Hydrocortisone+ Pramoxine topical spray or for the condition it was prescribed, contact your veterinarian.