Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs
TRADE NAMES:K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog
K9 Advantix II Large Dog
K9 Advantix II Medium Dog
K9 Advantix II Small Dog
Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs is a topical insecticidal agent used in dogs once a month to kill and repel fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies and chewing lice. After application, 98-100% of fleas will be killed within 12 hours. Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs is applied to the skin on the dog’s back every 30 days. Dogs should be greater than 7 weeks of age. It is important to note that this product should only be used on dogs. Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs is available in 4 sizes (based upon body weight).
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs is an insecticidal agent
- Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs is applied topically once a month
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Repels and kills all life stages of fleas and ticks, including Deer ticks (vector of Lyme disease), American dog ticks (vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever), Brown dog ticks (vector of Ehrlichiosis), Lone Star ticks (vector of Ehrlichiosis) for up to four weeks
- Also repels mosquitoes and biting flies and kills chewing lice
WHAT PETS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
- DO NOT USE ON CATS OR ANY ANIMAL OTHER THAN DOGS
- Puppies less than 7 weeks of age
- Consult your veterinarian before using on older, debilitated, pregnant or nursing dogs
- Pets known to have had an allergic reaction to imidacloprid, permethrin, pyriproxyfen or like products
Be sure to follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty applying the medication, contact your veterinarian.
Holding applicator tube in upright position, pull cap off tube. Turn the cap around and place the end of cap back on the tube. Twist the cap to break the seal, then remove cap from tube.
For easier application, ensure that your dog is standing. Using the applicator tip, part the hair to expose the skin. Apply the contents of the tube evenly in two to four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. To prevent run-off, do not apply an excessive amount at any one spot.
Use the entire contents of the tube that correctly corresponds with the body weight of your dog. Use only one tube per treatment.
Do not allow pets to lick the product or ingest in any way. If you have multiple pets, keep them separated for a short time to prevent licking. Repeat application monthly. Mark your calendar with the dates of subsequent treatments.
After applying this product to your pet, wash your hands with soap and water. Small children should avoid handling the treated dog for a day or two.
For external use only. Do NOT give by mouth. Keep the product away from your dog's eyes and mouth
Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting at least 4 weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for 6 weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Larval flea stages in the dog’s surroundings are killed following contact with a Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen- treated dog.
Waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and ticks.
Read and follow the label carefully.
WHAT IF DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, apply it as soon as you can and resume the monthly dosing schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
For external use on dogs only. Do not get this product in dog's eyes or mouth.
Due to their unique physiology and inability to metabolize certain compounds, this product must not be used on cats. If applied to a cat, or ingested by a cat which actively grooms a recently treated dog, this product may have serious harmful effects. If this occurs, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
Causes eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in the eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
People should not use this product. Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets. Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
Do not contaminate water or food by storage or disposal. Do not re-use empty container. Securely wrap original container in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Individual sensitivities may occur with any pesticide product. If they occur, consult your veterinarian immediately. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
Yes, but ensure that your veterinarian knows of all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving or planning on giving to your pet.
If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
In case of overdose, contact your veterinarian immediately or call 1-800-422-9874.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING MEDICATION?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits are of using this drug
- If your pet has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements including flea and tick products that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet's medicines can be given together
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs should only be applied to the dog for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs. If you have any questions or concerns about Imidacloprid + Permethrin + Pyriproxyfen for Dogs, or for the condition(s) it was prescribed, contact your veterinarian.
Join the Conversation
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!