Kibow Biotics (Small Animal)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:Healthy kidneys are responsible for removing metabolic waste products from the bloodstream. Kidney disease often results in a build-up of these toxins which is a contributing factor to not feeling well in pets with kidney failure. Probiotics are microorganisms that when given in adequate doses can provide health benefits. Certain microorganisms can utilize metabolic waste products and remove these harmful toxins from the blood. Kibow biotics are available in the form of capsules.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Kibow biotics are a nutritional supplement containing:
- Probiotics which are microorganisms such as E. thermophilus, L. acidophilus, and B. longum
- Prebiotics are naturally occurring fiber materials such as psyllium husk which supports the growth of probiotics
WHAT DOGS/CATS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT?
- Safe use in pregnant and breeding animals has not been established
- Pets with a known hypersensitivity to these products
- Pets that have had an earlier allergic reaction to a similar product
Kibow biotics should be given according to your veterinarian’s instructions. Read and follow the product label carefully.
It is recommended that this supplement be given for only as long as your veterinarian directs.
It is ideal to give this supplement at the same time daily. Capsules should be given whole and not opened or crushed. Always provide free access to fresh water during supplementation.
Supplements are not regulated by the FDA. As such, they have not been required to go through the same rigorous testing for efficacy that drugs undergo and many products are not created equally. Many products on the market are high quality and are made by reputable companies. Some products require a veterinary prescription. Consult with your veterinarian to choose the right product for your pet.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can. If it is time already for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Kibow biotics should be stored in a childproof container in a cool, dry place.
These products commonly require refrigeration, keep away from heat and direct sunlight.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- This product is usually well tolerated and adverse reactions are uncommon at recommended doses
- Notify your veterinarian immediately if your pet experiences any adverse reactions to this product
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Do not give new food, supplements, or medications without first talking to your veterinarian
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet receives more than the recommended amount.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- The signs of kidney disease that you have noticed in your pet
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this supplement
- When your pet may need to be re-examined
- What are the risks and benefits of using this supplement
- If your pet has experienced side effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies
- If your pet has experienced digestive upset now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet’s medications can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet in the near future
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your pet’s condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all supplements, it should only be given to the pet for which it was recommended.
This is just a summary of information about Kibow biotics. If you have any questions or concerns about this product or for the condition it was recommended, please contact your veterinarian.