TRADE NAMES:Douxo Maintenance Shampoo
Maintenance shampoo is a gentle cleansing and moisturizing shampoo that can be used for regular hygiene of dogs and cats, but may also be used along with a dermatologic treatment on irritated or seborrheic skin. May be used as often as necessary, or as advised by your veterinarian. Maintenance shampoo is available from your veterinarian in various sizes.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Contains gentle cleansing bases and moisturizing conditioners
- For topical use on dogs and cats
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to cleanse normal, irritated or sensitive skin
- May also be used in conjunction with a dermatologic treatment prescribed by your veterinarian
Read and carefully follow the directions provided by your veterinarian.
Wet your animal’s coat with warm water. Apply shampoo to head and ears, creating a rich lather, being careful to avoid the eyes. Repeat procedure with neck, chest, middle and hind quarter, finishing with legs. To avoid getting soap in the eyes or ears, wash the face and outside of the ears with a soapy washcloth.
Allow the lather to remain on the animal for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear. For best results, repeat procedure.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response. This product may be used daily, or as directed by your veterinarian.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Maintenance shampoo is not effective against parasitic infections (ie. fleas, ticks, etc.)
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature of 59-86°F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Not for use in the ears.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If skin irritation develops or worsens or you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Maintenance shampoo should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Maintenance shampoo. If you have any questions or concerns about Maintenance shampoo or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.