Mal-A-Ket™ Plus TrizEDTA™ Flush
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush is a topical antibacterial and antifungal solution useful to manage the localized bacterial and yeast infections of dogs, cats and horses. This cleansing solution is safe to use as often as needed. Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush is available from your veterinarian in a 4 oz bottle.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Contains 0.15% Chlorhexidine gluconate (kills/controls surface bacteria), 0.15% Ketoconazole (active against fungi and yeasts), Tromethamine (Tris), Edetate disodium dihydrate (EDTA) (a buffer solution), +/- other ingredients
- A cleansing solution for topical use; ideal for infections responsive to Ketoconazole and Chlorhexidene and Tris-EDTA, such as ringworm and bacterial and Malassezia infections
- Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush must be prescribed by a veterinarian
- For use in dogs, cats and horses
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Antibacterial, antifungal
- Ideal for infections responsive to Ketoconazole and Chlorhexidene and Tris-EDTA, such as ringworm and bacterial and Malassezia infections
Read and follow the label carefully.
Shake well before using.
Ear flush: Apply to ear canal and gently, but firmly massage the base of the ear. Use a cotton ball to remove excess solution and debris.
Skin: Squeeze solution over affected area. Use a cotton ball to remove excess solution.
Repeat as necessary, or as directed by your veterinarian.
Prevent your animal from licking the treated area. Ingesting this product can be harmful.
Let affected area air dry.
Wash your hands after handling this product.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush is not effective against parasitic infections
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to either chlorhexidine, ketoconazole, tromethamine, edetate disodium dihydrate or any of the other ingredients
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes or mucous membranes. If contact is made, flush promptly and thoroughly with clean water.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only. May be harmful if swallowed. Wash hands after using.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If undue ear or skin redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be used together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush. If you have any questions or concerns about Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA flush or the condition it was prescribed for, please contact your veterinarian.