Mal-A-Ket™ Plus TrizEDTA™ Spray Conditioner
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray is an antiseptic, cleansing, medicated, leave-on topical spray to help manage the localized bacterial and yeast infections of dogs, cats and horses. Safe to use as often as needed. Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray is available from your veterinarian in 8 oz (236 mL) containers.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Contains Chlorhexidine gluconate (kills/controls surface bacteria), Ketoconazole (active against fungi and yeasts), and Tromethamine (Tris) and Edetate disodium dihydrate (EDTA) (a buffer solution)
- Used topically on dogs, cats and horses
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Antibacterial, antifungal
- Ideal for infections responsive to Ketoconazole and Chlorhexidene and Tris-EDTA, such as ringworm and bacterial and Malassezia infections
Read and carefully follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.
Shake well before using.
Dry application: Brush pet against the natural lay of fur, spraying this product by holding the pump ~12 inches from the pet’s body. Spray liberally on the coat; concentrate spray over affected lesions. Allow to dry.
Wet application/after shampooing: Remove excess moisture and apply directly to skin and haircoat.
Repeat as necessary, or as directed by veterinarian.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray is not effective against parasitic infections
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to chlorhexidine, ketoconazole, tromethamine, edetate disodium dihydrate or any of the other ingredients
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 59°-86° F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes or mucous membranes. If contact is made, flush promptly and thoroughly with clean water. Do not swallow.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only. Wash hands after using.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If undue ear or skin redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray. If you have any questions or concerns about Chlorhexidine + Ketoconazole + Tris-EDTA spray for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.