Mycodex® Flea & Tick Shampoo
Flea and tick shampoo
Flea and tick shampoo gently cleans and moisturizes while killing fleas and ticks. Flea and tick shampoo is available from your veterinarian in several sizes.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A parasiticide containing synergized pyrethrins (which attack the nervous systems of insects leading to their death)
- Some products contain colloidal oatmeal, aloe, lanolin and/or other ingredients to soothe and moisturize the skin and coat
- A anti-parasite shampoo used topically on dogs and cats older than 12 weeks of age
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- For topical management of flea and ticks
Read and carefully follow the directions provided by your veterinarian.
Wet your animal’s coat with warm water. Apply shampoo to head and ears, creating a rich lather, being careful to avoid the eyes. Repeat procedure with neck, chest, middle and hind quarter, finishing with legs. To avoid getting soap in the eyes or ears, wash the face and outside of the ears with a soapy washcloth.
Allow the lather to remain on the animal for at least 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear. For best results, repeat the steps above.
Dry the animal well.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response. This product should not be used more than once weekly, or as directed by your veterinarian.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Puppies and kittens less than 12 weeks of age
- Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, animals on medication, pregnant, or nursing animals
- Pets known to have had an allergic reaction to pyrethrin, piperonyl butoxide or any of the other ingredients
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store in a closed container in a cool, dry place.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Not for use in the ears.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Avoid contamination of feed, foodstuffs and food handling equipment.
Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands with soap and water after using.
If in eyes, flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation persists.
Do not re-use empty container, or contaminate water or food. Wrap container and put in trash.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Individual sensitivities (skin sensitivity, itchiness, redness or rash) can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment. If signs of sensitivity occur, discontinue use and seek veterinary advice.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you think your pet has a medical problem or side effect from this product's therapy
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if pet is exposed to more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Soothing flea and tick shampoo should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Soothing flea and tick shampoo. If you have any questions or concerns about Soothing flea and tick shampoo or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.