Odor Eliminators completely remove foul odors from anal gland secretions, tom cat spray, feces, vomitus, etc. May be used on the animal, directly on carpets, furniture, bedding, etc. Contains no enzymes so may be used without loss of efficacy with or after detergents (carpet shampoos) and germicides. May be available as a concentrate in a bottle or as a spray.
What is this product?
- A solution used to permanently eliminate odors on dogs, cats and other pets, and their environment
- Contains a proprietary essential oil blend, water and preservatives
Reasons for prescribing:
- Solution removes odor from dogs, other pets, and fabrics
- Works in minutes and eliminates odor permanently
- Safe for use on all surfaces – carpet, upholstery and directly on the pet.
What animals should not use this product?
- Safe for use on any surface or directly on the animal
- Consult with your veterinarian and review and follow the label directions
NB. Products vary, so always refer to label instructions, as well as directions from your veterinarian.
Spray: Use directly on the odor source.
Concentrate: Follow dilution directions shown on bottle. Apply as shown below.
Always spot test fabrics before using this product.
Deeply embedded odors in carpeteting, upholstery, concrete and other porous materials: Use concentrate directly from the bottle. Apply enough concentrate to adequate saturate area. Let it dry. Concentrate must penetrate as deeply as the problem odor. If any odor still remains, then the concentrate has not really reached the source. Repeat treatment.
Recent odors: Use directly from the bottle as described above, or put the concentrate in a spray bottle and spray onto the hard surface. Work in thoroughly if possible. Let dry. Continue to re-apply as necessary. This is especially effective when applied to the surface of litter boxes or tomcat spray. May be applied directly to the animal, on cages, fabrics, carpets and any place a problem odor exists.
Stains: Rub area thoroughly with a sponge or cloth soaked with concentrate. Blot with a clean cloth. Let area dry and then vacuum.
Pets: If possible, wipe off cause of odor. Saturate area avoiding eyes and nostrils. Work in thoroughly. Let dry. If odor persists, continue to re-apply as necessary.
Can also be used as an air freshener.
What if a treatment is missed?
What to tell/ask a veterinarian before using this product?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
Tell your veterinarian about:
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription
Storage and Warnings:
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes.
Keep this out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Spot test for color fastness before applying to any fabric.
Potential side effects:
- If skin irritation develops or you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
Can this product be used with other drugs?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions, contact your veterinarian
What else should I know?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
This is just a summary of information about Odor Eliminators. If you have any questions or concerns about Odor Eliminators or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.