Alabama Seeing-Eye Dog Saves Her Owner From Gas Leak

When Nancy Jones felt woozy while folding clothes earlier this week, she didn't think anything of it — but Pooh, her seeing-eye dog, recognized that there was a problem and took action.

ABC-3340 in Alabama reports that an open pilot light in Jones' home had caused a gas leak. Pooh, a 3-year-old Poodle, managed to get six feet up in the air to grab her leash. She then nudged Jones, who is legally blind, out of the house.

“The house could have blew up," Jones told the station. "She saved my life."

Meet the hero canine in the video below, and visit ABC-3340's story for more information.

ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports
Google+

Join the Conversation

Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!