Click here to learn more.
When Nancy Jones felt woozy while folding clothes earlier this week, she didn't think anything of it — but Pooh, her seeing-eye dog, recognized that there was a problem and took action.
ABC-3340 in Alabama reports that an open pilot light in Jones' home had caused a gas leak. Pooh, a 3-year-old Poodle, managed to get six feet up in the air to grab her leash. She then nudged Jones, who is legally blind, out of the house.
“The house could have blew up," Jones told the station. "She saved my life."
Meet the hero canine in the video below, and visit ABC-3340's story for more information.
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!
Thank You For Signing Up
for the Petwire newsletter, sending you all the pet news each week directly to your inbox.
Get the latest pet news, tips, tricks, and expert advice sent right to your inbox!
An animal control officer followed noises coming from a steep ravine and found a 5-year-old dog nursing a tiny…
Dr. Andy Roark (dressed in a dog suit) gives us a comical but poignant reminder that heat stress can happen to any…
From the short-legged Munchkin to the affectionate Ragamuffin, we rounded up felines with fun and clever monikers.
A photographer who loves animals volunteered his services for Alley Cat Allies and fell in love with his future wife.
This photo of Bridget Evans and Hero graduating from college quickly went viral after she posted it on Reddit.
The new Queens Zoo residents no longer need to worry about someone huffing and puffing and blowing their house in!
Despite all of his barking and bouncing, Corgnelius can't seem to convince the German Shepherd to play with him.
The fun-loving American Curl is a sociable and joyous feline who enjoys playing fetch and cuddling in your lap.
If the video doesn't start playing momentarily,
please install the latest version of Flash.