Click here to learn more.
With this year's big game less than a week away, television audiences are already fired up for the champion commercials. Volkswagen recently released a teaser clip called "The Bark Side" that features a canine chorus performing the "Imperial March" tune from Star Wars. And the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl competition, which lets online voters decide which commercial will air during the game, is crammed with ads showcasing our furry friends — like this dog park fiasco, and a manipulative Great Dane who understands bribery.
In honor of Sunday's Patriots-Giants battle, we've rounded up some of our favorite past Super Bowl commercials starring animals. And check out our Facebook page to vote for your favorites in a dueling videos tournament.
1. Budweiser Dalmatians: The beer company is famous for its Clydesdale horses, but this 1999 TV spot spotlights adorable Dalmatian siblings who were separated at birth.
2. CareerBuilder Chimpanzees: The employment website's famous chimps suit up for a party in 2007, despite an upside-down sales chart.
3. Bridgestone Squirrel: Luckily, this car manages to swerve around a terrified squirrel in Bridgestone's 2008 spot, to the relief of the squirrel's band of animal friends.
4. EDS Cats: In 2000, Electronic Data Systems (now Hewlett-Packard) produced this cat-herding commercial, which stars cowboys rounding up shorthairs instead of longhorns.
5. Budweiser Clydesdale Foal: This heartwarming ad won an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Commercial in 2006. While it lost to a FedEx advertisement, "Clydesdale American Dream" is still a winner with us.
6. FedEx Pigeons: Carrier pigeons, both small and gigantic, wreak havoc as they attempt to deliver packages in FedEx's 2008 clip.
7. Toyota Badgers: A 2008 commercial touting the Corolla's quiet cabin features a driver locked in the car with ferocious sleeping badgers.
8. Doritos Pug: Last but not least, the hungry pup in this 2011 ad won't let anything — even a door — stop him from snacking on those chips.
Don't forget to check out our Facebook page to vote for your favorites in a dueling videos tournament.
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!
Thank You For Signing Up
for the Petwire newsletter, sending you all the pet news each week directly to your inbox.
Get the latest pet news, tips, tricks, and expert advice sent right to your inbox!
Thanks to his impressive stamina in the
water, Bruno the Newfoundland is now a
lifeguard at a resort in Spain.
Some of the sugar-free products you
keep in your home, especially those with
xylitol, are very dangerous to animals.
Though many toys are safe for pups, you
should avoid giving them those that are
easily swallowed or have strings.
We asked veterinary professionals and
pet owners to vote on water-loving and
water-shy breeds, and the results are…
Believed to have originated in Egypt around 329 B.C., the elegant Saluki is a calm and quiet companion.
If the video doesn't start playing momentarily,
please install the latest version of Flash.