Click here to learn more.
With this year's big game less than a week away, television audiences are already fired up for the champion commercials. Volkswagen recently released a teaser clip called "The Bark Side" that features a canine chorus performing the "Imperial March" tune from Star Wars. And the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl competition, which lets online voters decide which commercial will air during the game, is crammed with ads showcasing our furry friends — like this dog park fiasco, and a manipulative Great Dane who understands bribery.
In honor of Sunday's Patriots-Giants battle, we've rounded up some of our favorite past Super Bowl commercials starring animals. And check out our Facebook page to vote for your favorites in a dueling videos tournament.
1. Budweiser Dalmatians: The beer company is famous for its Clydesdale horses, but this 1999 TV spot spotlights adorable Dalmatian siblings who were separated at birth.
2. CareerBuilder Chimpanzees: The employment website's famous chimps suit up for a party in 2007, despite an upside-down sales chart.
3. Bridgestone Squirrel: Luckily, this car manages to swerve around a terrified squirrel in Bridgestone's 2008 spot, to the relief of the squirrel's band of animal friends.
4. EDS Cats: In 2000, Electronic Data Systems (now Hewlett-Packard) produced this cat-herding commercial, which stars cowboys rounding up shorthairs instead of longhorns.
5. Budweiser Clydesdale Foal: This heartwarming ad won an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Commercial in 2006. While it lost to a FedEx advertisement, "Clydesdale American Dream" is still a winner with us.
6. FedEx Pigeons: Carrier pigeons, both small and gigantic, wreak havoc as they attempt to deliver packages in FedEx's 2008 clip.
7. Toyota Badgers: A 2008 commercial touting the Corolla's quiet cabin features a driver locked in the car with ferocious sleeping badgers.
8. Doritos Pug: Last but not least, the hungry pup in this 2011 ad won't let anything — even a door — stop him from snacking on those chips.
Don't forget to check out our Facebook page to vote for your favorites in a dueling videos tournament.
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!
Thank you for subscribing to Petwire. Look for the latest newsletter each Wednesday.
Lifetime has tapped the Parks and
Recreation star to provide Tardar Sauce’s
voice for an upcoming Christmas movie.
A Good Samaritan found Gidget, a Jack
Russell Terrier from Philadelphia,
wandering near Portland, Oregon.
Animal Planet's Victoria Stilwell strongly
opposes breed bans — they don't stop
dog bites and lead to…
With 40,000 animals poached each year
for the ivory trade, it might not be long
before elephants disappear…
These pets can't wait for the season's
cool weather, beautiful autumn foliage
and (of course) plentiful leaf piles.
When Rafael Mantesso and his wife split,
he was left with an empty house and his
beautiful Bull Terrier, Jimmy Choo.
We asked the pros what it takes to get a
cat recognized as an official breed in the
United States, Canada and the U.K.
When she's not curled in your lap, the affectionate and elegant Birman will gladly play fetch or chase a ball.
If the video doesn't start playing momentarily,
please install the latest version of Flash.
Thank you for subscribing.