Click here to learn more.
Vetstreet. All rights reserved.
Vetstreet does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. See Additional Information ›
With this year's big game less than a week away, television audiences are already fired up for the champion commercials. Volkswagen recently released a teaser clip called "The Bark Side" that features a canine chorus performing the "Imperial March" tune from Star Wars. And the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl competition, which lets online voters decide which commercial will air during the game, is crammed with ads showcasing our furry friends — like this dog park fiasco, and a manipulative Great Dane who understands bribery.
In honor of Sunday's Patriots-Giants battle, we've rounded up some of our favorite past Super Bowl commercials starring animals. And check out our Facebook page to vote for your favorites in a dueling videos tournament.
1. Budweiser Dalmatians: The beer company is famous for its Clydesdale horses, but this 1999 TV spot spotlights adorable Dalmatian siblings who were separated at birth.
2. CareerBuilder Chimpanzees: The employment website's famous chimps suit up for a party in 2007, despite an upside-down sales chart.
3. Bridgestone Squirrel: Luckily, this car manages to swerve around a terrified squirrel in Bridgestone's 2008 spot, to the relief of the squirrel's band of animal friends.
4. EDS Cats: In 2000, Electronic Data Systems (now Hewlett-Packard) produced this cat-herding commercial, which stars cowboys rounding up shorthairs instead of longhorns.
5. Budweiser Clydesdale Foal: This heartwarming ad won an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Commercial in 2006. While it lost to a FedEx advertisement, "Clydesdale American Dream" is still a winner with us.
6. FedEx Pigeons: Carrier pigeons, both small and gigantic, wreak havoc as they attempt to deliver packages in FedEx's 2008 clip.
7. Toyota Badgers: A 2008 commercial touting the Corolla's quiet cabin features a driver locked in the car with ferocious sleeping badgers.
8. Doritos Pug: Last but not least, the hungry pup in this 2011 ad won't let anything — even a door — stop him from snacking on those chips.
Don't forget to check out our Facebook page to vote for your favorites in a dueling videos tournament.
Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!
Thank you for subscribing to Petwire. Look for the latest newsletter each Wednesday.
Marine Corporal Seth Hill got the chance
to see Bbazy, a retiring bomb-sniffing dog
who served with him for three…
Dog bathroom issues can be frustrating
(and gross) to deal with. Thankfully, we've
got solutions to your…
We’ve all experienced it: the singularly
soul-crushing moment when someone
says they don’t like dogs.
First comes denial, then anger. The five
stages of flea-nial are tough to deal with,
but Dr. Andy Roark will get you…
An expert explains which protein sources are best for pets and how much of it cats and dogs need to consume.
The glamorous Siberian is an agile feline who wears a thick double coat with a neck ruff — perfect for keeping warm.
If the video doesn't start playing momentarily,
please install the latest version of Flash.
Thank you for subscribing.