Firefighters Free Dog From Recliner

When Cagney, a Lhasa Apso, got trapped inside an electric reclining armchair in her home in England Thursday night, her desperate owner called the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue and the RSPCA for help. Lyn Kirkwood said she knew something was wrong when the 7-year-old dog didn’t bark at the doorbell, and then saw her hind legs in the chair. Three firefighters turned off the electricity, dismantled the chair and rescued the pooch, who was “unfazed” by her ordeal, an RSPCA officer said. "When they freed her she just walked off as if nothing had happened,” Kirkwood said. Luckily, Cagney wasn’t injured and has since made a full recovery. — Read it at the U.K.’s BBC News


Join the Conversation

Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!