Owner Says Dog Was Poisoned at Crufts

One of the owners of Jagger, a prize-winning Irish Setter, says the dog died after being “maliciously poisoned” at the U.K.’s  Crufts Dog Show. "I don't believe in my heart of hearts that this was another competitor or anyone involved in the dog world,” said Dee Milligan-Bott, one of Jagger’s devastated owners. "I can only imagine that it was a random act that somebody premeditated and wanted to cause total distress at the best dog show in the world.” Jagger came in second in his class Thursday, and died after returning to Belgium. The owners say the dog’s veterinarian found chunks of meat with poison in his stomach. The Kennel Club, which runs the show, said it was “deeply shocked and saddened” to hear about Jagger’s passing, and is now waiting to get a toxicology report from Beligan police. — Read it at  BBC News


Join the Conversation

Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!