Puppy Survives Swallowing Steak Knife

Veterinarians in Sydney, Australia, were stunned to spot an entire steak knife in an X-ray of a 6-month-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy. “I've never seen anything like it,” said the Animal Referral Hospital’s Dr. Jody Braddock, who led a team of technicians in inching the serrated knife back up Lexi's esophagus. “We knew that Lexi's best chance for survival would be to remove the knife as soon as possible before it could cause more damage.” The puppy spent three days in intensive care before it was safe to send her home. Amazingly, the puppy who was “within millimeters of death,” survived and is resting at home with her relieved owner. — Read it at UPI


Join the Conversation

Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!