Veterinarians Save Choking Goldfish

Conquer the 1-year-old goldfish survived a close call thanks to a very caring owner. Last week, the fish accidentally ate a pebble from his tank, and it got stuck in his tiny mouth. His owner, Emma Marsh, rushed Conquer to an exotic vet near her home in Brisbane, Australia. “[Conquer] was making excessive mouth movements trying to dislodge it,” said Marsh, 21. “If we did nothing, he would have starved to death.” Instead, she paid about $375 for doctors to sedate the 2-inch fish and remove the .4-inch pebble. Conquer spent the night at the animal hospital and is now back home and recovering well. — Read it at Fox News


Google+

Join the Conversation

Like this article? Have a point of view to share? Let us know!