Prozap® Final Fly-T Horse Spray and Wipe On Insecticide
Fly Spray for Horses
This is a product that provides protection against biting insects. Some formulations also contain a sun-screen agent that provides protection from ultraviolet rays. It is available as a topical product.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A combination of natural and synthetic chemicals
- Applied topically as a spray or as a wipe
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to provide protection against flies, gnats, mosquitoes, deer ticks and lice
Fly spray should be applied according to your veterinarian’s instructions. Read and follow the prescription label carefully regarding re-application frequency. Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
Use this product for as long as your veterinarian directs. Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
Ideally, use this product at the same time(s) daily.
This product can be applied as a spray or as a wipe. When applying to the horse’s face, always use a wipe.
Shake this product well before using and wear impermeable gloves when applying as a wipe.
Remove loose dirt from the horse’s coat with thorough brushing prior to application.
Dirty horses should be bathed and the coat completely dry prior to application.
Ensure the medication is applied to the horse’s entire body for appropriate effectiveness.
Avoid contact with the horse’s mucous membranes and inhaling the mist during spray application.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can. If it is time already for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not give two doses at the same time.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Fly spray should be stored in a childproof container in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
Avoid having this product released into the ground or free-running water as it poses an environmental hazard to aquatic life.
Avoid contact with eyes, skin, clothing, inhaling the mist, and contamination of food during application.
This medication can be easily absorbed through skin, impermeable gloves are recommended when applying as a wipe.
In case of accidental skin exposure, wash immediately with soap and water and seek medical attention.
In case of accidental eye exposure, flush immediately and seek medical attention.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally ingest this product.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and pets.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- All medication has the potential to cause an immediate allergic or anaphylactic reaction. Affected animals may have a swelling, hives, changes in respiration, and display signs of agitation. This can be a severe and life threatening reaction, immediate veterinary care may be required.
- Notify your veterinarian immediately if your horse experiences any adverse reactions to this medication
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your horse receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your horse has experienced side effects on other drugs/products
- If your horse has experienced any other medical problems or allergies
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your horse or plan to give your horse, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your horse’s medications can be given together.
- If your mare is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed in the near future
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your horse’s condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
This product should not be used in horses intended for human consumption.
Check with the appropriate regulatory body regarding the use in competition horses.
As with all prescribed medication, Fly spray should only be given to the horse for which it was prescribed.
It should be given only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Fly spray. If you have any questions or concerns about this product or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.