Purina Veterinary Diets® Fortiflora® Nutritional Supplement (Canine)
Gastrointestinal tract conditions such as diarrhea are commonly seen in dogs and are often associated with an imbalance in the intestinal microflora. Restoring microflora balance is a key component of the effective management of these conditions. FortiFlora is a nutritional supplement that contains a probiotic, Enterococcus faecium strain SF68, for the dietary management of dogs with diarrhea. This probiotic has been shown to be safe, stable, and effective in restoring normal intestinal health and balance.
Purina Veterinary Diets ® FortiFlora ® has been formulated to achieve the following characteristics:
- Contains a guaranteed level of viable microorganisms
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
- Proven to promote normal intestinal microflora
- Promotes a strong immune system
- Shown to be safe for use in dogs
- Contains high levels of antioxidant Vitamins A, E, and C
- Excellent palatability
FortiFlora is recommended as a nutritional supplement to help with the following:
- Diarrhea associated with microflora imbalance
- Acute enteritis
- Diarrhea associated with stress, antibiotic therapy, and diet change
- Poor fecal quality in puppies
- To promote a strong immune system
- Dogs with food allergies
- Severely immune compromised dogs
Feed 1 packet daily.
Animal digest, Enterococcus faecium, L-ascorbyl- 2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin E supplement, zinc proteinate, beta-Carotene, salt, manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite.
Each packet contains a minimum of 1x10 8 CFU/g Enterococcus faecium.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) (calculated) - Each 1 gram packet contains 4 kcals
AVERAGE NUTRIENT CONTENT ON SERVING AND 100 CALORIE BASIS
|Nutrient||As Fed||Amount per 1 gram packet|
|Selenium||2.6 mg/kg||0.003 mg|
|Vitamin E||12,900 IU/kg||13 IU|
|Vitamin C||10,700 mg/kg||11 mg|
|Enterococcus faecium||5x10 8 CFU/g|
Cases of 6 boxes, Boxes of 30 - 1 g sachets