Purina Veterinary Diets® Fortiflora® Nutritional Supplement (Feline)
Gastrointestinal tract conditions such as diarrhea are commonly seen in cats and are often associated with an imbalance in the intestinal microflora. Restoring microflora balance is a key component of the effective management of these conditions. FortiFlora is a nutritional supplement that contains a probiotic, Enterococcus faecium strain SF68, for the dietary management of cats with diarrhea. This probiotic has been shown to be safe, stable, and effective in restoring normal intestinal health and balance.
Purina Veterinary Diets ® FortiFlora ® has been formulated to achieve the following characteristics:
- Contains a guaranteed level of viable microorganisms
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
- Proven to promote normal intestinal microflora
- Promotes a strong immune system
- Shown to be safe for use in cats
- Contains high levels of antioxidant Vitamins A, E, and C
- Excellent palatability
FortiFlora is recommended as a nutritional supplement to help with the following:
- Diarrhea associated with microflora imbalance
- Acute enteritis
- Diarrhea associated with stress, antibiotic therapy, and diet change
- Poor fecal quality in kittens
- To promote a strong immune system
- Cats with food allergies
- Severely immune compromised cats
Feed 1 packet daily.
Animal digest, Enterococcus faecium, L-ascorbyl- 2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin E supplement, beta-Carotene, zinc proteinate, taurine, salt, manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite.
Each packet contains a minimum of 1x10 8 CFU/g Enterococcus faecium.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) (calculated) - Each 1 gram packet contains 4 kcals
AVERAGE NUTRIENT CONTENT ON SERVING AND 100 CALORIE BASIS
|Nutrient||As Fed||Amount per 1 gram packet|
|Selenium||1.8 mg/kg||0.002 mg|
|Vitamin E||11,100 IU/kg||11 IU|
|Vitamin C||8,670 mg/kg||9 mg|
|Enterococcus faecium||5x10 8 CFU/g|
Cases of 6 boxes, Boxes of 30 - 1 g sachets