Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine
TRADE NAMES:Douxo Seborrhea Shampoo
Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine is a gentle, antiseptic and deodorizing shampoo used to repair and control seborrhea in dogs and cats. Your pet’s fur will look and smell clean, and be soft and lustrous. Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine is available from your veterinarian in 200 mL (6.8 oz), 500 mL (16.9 oz) and 3 litre (101.4 oz) bottles.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A shampoo containing Phytosphinogosine, a natural component of the epidermis. Phytosphinogosine regulates a proper skin barrier, ideal skin growth and controls bacteria and yeast populations
- Also contains gentle hypoallergenic cleaning bases, a green tea fragrance, moisturizers and film-forming agents which fix the phytosphingosine on the skin
- Used topically on dogs and cats
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to treat seborrhea
- Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing; kills most pathogenic bacteria and yeast populations
- To eliminate repellent smell associated with seborrhea
Read and carefully follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.
Wet your animal’s coat with warm water and apply enough shampoo to make a rich lather. Avoid your pet’s eyes. Massage shampoo into the wet coat and ensure that a good lather is created. Rinse and repeat, allowing the lather to remain on the animal for at least 5-10 minutes. Rinse well with clean water. Initially, the product may be used 2-3 times per week for 1-2 weeks. Then use Seborrhea spray to further control the skin.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
One full pump is typically ideal for a 30-50 lb dog.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication.
What if a treatment is missed?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine shampoo is not effective against parasitic infections (ie. fleas, ticks, etc.)
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to either phytosphinogosine or any of the other ingredients
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature 59°-86° F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Do not swallow.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Wash hands after use.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If redness, irritation or inflammation persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian
- If you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine should also only be used for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine. If you have any questions or concerns about Seborrhea shampoo with Phytosphingosine for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.