SENTRY® Calming Collar For Cats
Feline Pheromone Collar
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:Pheromones are chemicals that are secreted by cats that can impact the behaviour of other cats. Feline facial pheromones are secreted from the cheek glands of cats when they feel relaxed and calm. This reassuring response can also be triggered in adult cats by synthetic pheromones. This product can be delivered using a collar.
What is this product?
- A synthetic pheromone
- It is not considered a drug
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- To minimize stress related behaviours (ex. scratching, urine marking, multiple cat aggression)
- To provide comfort during stressful situations (ex. travelling, moving, new household members)
Read and follow the label carefully and use only as directed.
Use this product for as long as your veterinarian recommends.
Apply the collar to your cat's neck and adjust accordingly. Cut off any excess portion of the collar.
Refer to specific product guidelines regarding how long each collar lasts and how far in advance the collar should be applied before introducing your cat into a stressful environment or situation.
Thoroughly clean all soiled areas or objects for best success when using this product to control urine marking.
Frequency and duration of use will be determined by your veterinarian based upon an assessment of how your cat is responding clinically.
Call ahead for refills.
Ideally, be consistent with product use during times of stress for best results.
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When your pet will need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this product
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
- If your pet has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your pet has experienced digestive upset now or ever
- If your pet has experienced liver or kidney disease now or ever
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet’s medications can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing or if you plan to breed your pet
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Feline pheromone collars should be stored in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight when not in use.
Remove the collar before bathing as the collar will not work when wet.
Keep this and all other medications out of reach of children and pets.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If you notice anything unusual, contact your veterinarian
Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet ingests any of this product.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your cat’s condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
This is just a summary of information about Feline Pheromone Collar. If you have any questions or concerns about Feline Pheromone Collar or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.