Sentry® Fiproguard® Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs & Cats
Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs
Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs is used on cats and dogs older than 8 weeks to kill adult fleas and ticks for at least 30 days and rapidly eliminates infestations of chewing lice. Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs aids in the control of sarcoptic mange mites on dogs.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Fipronil is an antiparasitic agent
- Sprayed topically
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to kill adult fleas, ticks and chewing lice in cats and dogs 8 weeks of age and older
- Controls sarcoptic mange mites on dogs
Read and follow the label carefully.
Ruffle the animal's coat with one hand while applying spray mist to the animal's back, sides, stomach, legs, shoulders and neck. To treat the head and eye area, spray mist onto a gloved hand and rub gently into the animal's hair. Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth. Apply spray mist until animal's hair is damp to thoroughly wet. Use ~1-2 pumps/lb body weight. Pets with long or dense coats will require the higher rate.
Use prior to onset of flea season and monthly thereafter.
Product performance is unaffected by exposure to moderate rainfall or by bathing with most brands of pet shampoo.
Ticks do not need to receive spray directly upon their body for complete control.
Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for elimination of mites.
*Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs kills fleas up to 3 months and ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where there is a high risk of re-infestation, the pet has fleas or in situations where tick or chewing lice control is needed. If you live in an area with less severe flea problems, or in an area where ticks are not a threat, Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs can be applied once every 2-3 months.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
If a dose is missed, give it as soon as you can, but do not re-apply more often than every 30 days.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Wear latex gloves when applying product. Wash hands with soap and water after application.
Avoid breathing in spray. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
Do not re-apply more often than every 30 days.
Store this product in its original packaging out of reach of children and animals.
Do not contaminate food or water and dispose of the packaging properly.
Call your physician immediately if you accidentally take this product.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment.
- If signs occur and persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian.
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
Contact your veterinarian immediately if pet receives more than the prescribed amount.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medicines, Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs should only be used on the pet for which it was prescribed.
It should be used only for the condition for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Fipronil Spray for Cats and Dogs. If you have any questions or concerns about this product, or for the condition it was prescribed, contact your veterinarian.