Sergeant's® Pronyl OTC™ Plus for dogs (23-44 lbs)
GENERIC NAME:Fipronil + Methoprene for Dogs
Fipronil + Methoprene for Dogs is a monthly topical spot-on product used on dogs older than 8 weeks to kill adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, kill all stages of ticks, rapidly eliminate chewing lice infestations and aids in the control of sarcoptic mange mites. These parasites will be controlled for at least 30 days.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Fipronil + Methoprene for Dogs is an antiparasitic agent
- Applied topically to the skin at the shoulders of your dog
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to kill adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, kill all stages of ticks, rapidly eliminate chewing lice infestations and aids in the control of sarcoptic mange mites on dogs 8 weeks of age and older (including breeding, pregnant and nursing bitches).
WHAT PETS SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION?
Your veterinarian has chosen the dosage size based upon your pet's weight. Apply a single dose once monthly*. Open applicator tube by holding it upright and snapping the tip away from your face and body. Part the hair between the dog's shoulder blades, place the applicator tip on the exposed skin and squeeze to apply the entire contents to one spot on the dog's skin (not the hair).
*Fipronil + Methoprene for Dogs kills fleas up to 3 months and ticks for at least 1 month. A once monthly application is recommended where there is a high risk of re-infestation, the pet has fleas or in situations where tick or chewing lice control is needed. If you live in an area with less severe flea problems, or in an area where ticks are not a threat, Fipronil + Methoprene for Dogs can be applied once every 2-3 months.
WHAT IF A DOSE IS MISSED?
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- A temporary irritation may develop at the site of administration.
- The application site may appear wet or oily for 24 hours.
- Individual sensitivities can occur after using any pesticide. Observe your pet following treatment.
- If signs occur and persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, contact your veterinarian.
CAN THIS DRUG BE GIVEN WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but possible interactions may occur with other insecticides. Ensure that your veterinarian knows all of the medicines and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.