Skunk Odor Eliminators
Skunk Odor Eliminator is the smart solution for eliminating offensive skunk smells. It works in minutes and removes odor permanently. May be used on the animal, directly on carpets, furniture, bedding, etc. It contains no enzymes so it may be used without loss of efficacy with or after detergents (carpet shampoos) and germicides. Liquid is applied full strength as a spray or soaker from the easy-to-use 8 oz. squeeze bottle. Apply the shampoo thoroughly to the entire animal and then rinse.
What is this product?
- A solution used to permanently remove skunk odor from dogs, cats and other pets, and fabrics
- Contains a proprietary essential oil blend, water and preservatives
- For topical use on dogs and cats, as well as affected fabrics
Reasons for prescribing:
- Solution removes odor from dogs, other pets, and fabrics
- Works in minutes and eliminates odor permanently
- Safe for use on all surfaces – carpet, upholstery and directly on the pet
What animals should not use this product?
- Safe for use on any surface or directly on the animal
- Consult with your veterinarian and review and follow the label directions
Attend to your dog rapidly after it has been sprayed. The smell will be much more difficult to remove after the chemicals in the skunk's spray have dried on the dog's coat.
If you can, take the dog outside to wash it. Change into an old set of clothes for this task that you can afford to dispose of right after the washing and use a pair of gloves. Keep the dog contained after it has been sprayed so that it will not contaminate the interior of your home before you can attempt to deal with the odor.
Wipe off excess skunk spray in areas of direct hit.
If using the liquid, saturate the area of the direct hit. Avoiding the eyes and nostrils, work product in thoroughly if on fur or clothing, then let dry. If using the shampoo, apply liberal amounts to the affected area, let stand for 3-5 minutes and then rinse. If pre-treatment has occurred (tomato juice, shampooing,) dissolve one full bottle of the 8 oz liquid in two quarts of warm water and completely saturate the animal or article (caution should be used to protect pet's eyes). If any skunk odor remains, the Skunk Odor Eliminator has not come in contact with some of the skunk spray. Locate the missed spot(s) and re-apply.
Bring your dog to a veterinarian if it shows any ill effects from its meeting with the skunk.
What to tell/ask a veterinarian before using this product?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- What are the risks and benefits of using this product
Tell your veterinarian about:
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription.
Storage and Warnings:
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes.
Keep this out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Spot test for color fastness before applying to any fabric.
Potential side effects:
- If skin irritation develops or you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
Can this product be used with other drugs?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions, contact your veterinarian
What else should I know?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
This is just a summary of information about Skunk Odor Eliminator. If you have any questions or concerns about Skunk Odor Eliminator or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.